Gibson Brands Forums

First Time Buyer...HELP!!

lilliss

lilless wrote:also' date=' it depends on the guitar....if he really likes it, I'm sure we can split it...so upwards to a max of about $800 is probably realistic as well

ballcorner- This statement by lilliss was the reason I added the Guild Gad30-R. It is under the $800 price that she mentioned ...

I obviously had missed something, thanks for pointing it out. I agree the Guilds are amazing in that price range if they can put the $800 together. I live in Nova Scotia where only one dealer carries Guild (Fender) so the prices are quite controlled. In Ontario, it is likely she can get a better price than here.

I liked your joke about GWB and the Canadian dollar. It wasn't that long ago that the US dollar was $1.65 Canadian and it was a great time to be selling vintage guitars online - find in Canada and sell to the US = mucho dinero!

Now the opposite is true. I am buying from US dealers and selling to Canadian collectors.

It is nice that we are no longer Mexico North, but the truth is that the Canadian economy functions better when the US dollar is around $1.30 CDN and I hope it returns to that level after Hillary hits the White House.

I am ready for the flames now, baby!!!

ballcorner, my Maple Leaf friend, say it ain't so! NOT Hillary!! OMG, you can't actually vote can you? lol Some say that this election, on the Democrats side, is the most unique in history. The great question befor us is, " white woman, or black man?" I don't think it's that unique as Jay Leno pointed out, Michael Jackson goes through that same dilemma every day!! Guy LeFleur for President!!! Go Habs!

ballcorner' date=' my Maple Leaf friend, say it ain't so! NOT Hillary!! OMG, you can't actually vote can you? lol Some say that this election, on the Democrats side, is the most unique in history. The great question befor us is, " white woman, or black man?" I don't think it's that unique as Jay Leno pointed out, Michael Jackson goes through that same dilemma every day!! Guy LeFleur for President!!! Go Habs![/quote']

I think Guy Lafleur is more likely going to jail right now, if you have been following the news. I am a Beliveau fan. Check out my WWW link and go to the TAGGED video for more information on that one. I hope you like cooking classes.

ballcorner - Hey, what is your WWW link that you spoke of? Guy was bad, eh? I was going to drop

Ivan "Corn-why-A's" name but I couldn't remember how to spell it! I was more into hockey in the mid 70's but have a good friend that played in high school back on the east coast and he keeps me updated as needed. Cooking classes?

If you want something that looks & sounds pretty much like a Gibson you should check out the Blueridge BG 140 (all solid wood) or BG 40 (solid top/laminate back & sides). I was helping a friend buy his first guitar recently & he ended up buying the cheaper BG 40. It looked & sounded very like my J45 Gibson for way less cash.

The attached link is to a UK website, & I guess the US prices will be cheaper.

http://www.hobgoblin.com/local/blueridgeintro.php

Archived