Gibson Brands Forums

What would you do?

mud guy

So the honeymoon has passed with my les paul custom...i just spent an hour with my dot and I really can't see giving it up...i think it covers most of the same ground as the custom. Maybe its the humbuckers. I dream of p90s or p94s in either guitar...i love my prs soapbar. has anyone tried the p94s in either of these (dot or lp)?

Cal

I agree. I wish I had gotten my Dot before I got my Gibson Les Paul because now, I'll be selling the LP and losing money on it unless I can find a reasonable trade. Maybe I'm blue collar, but I'm pretty much a Strat and single coils guy who demands very little from humbuckers. One humbucker guitar is enough and something about the Dot just seems more flexiblye to me than the LP with Burstbuckers. I considered putting different pickups into the LP, but why bother?

I don't think the Dot is a sleeper or a secret within the line. Rather, I think the overseas manufacture and Epi name tend to lead to a little brand snobbery against what is otherwise a spectacular guitar. I'd almost be tempted to get another Dot for the sake of putting different pickups in it.

What would "I" do? If you have both, and love P-90's...put a set of P94's in one or the other,

and leave the 2nd one, with Humbuckers. ;>)

Charley - If you're talking to me, I already have an LP Jr with P90s in it. I'm thinking I might go over to the Gibson Forum and offer up the Les Paul in trade for an acoustic.

Archived