Gibson Brands Forums

Looking good!!

matiac

I found what appears to be a pretty decent semi on Craigslist. It's a SEKOVA I-dunno-what-model, dead ringer for an ES335. It's one of those "lawsuit guitars" from the '70's, has an issue with the neck pickup (don't work) that I feel can be easily resolved...175 bucks! Says it's playable as-is, looks to be in pretty decent shape other than the pickup issue...I do believe I'm gonna hop on it! Did you guys know they made a G-310 single P90 rig in the '90's? Theres one of those for 200 bucks there too. Lotsa nice stuff on Craigslist...

Hey Mat, is that Sekova a bolt-on or set neck? If it's bolt on, it might be an EA-250 clone which had neck pocket issues.

Otherwise it looks good for $175.

BTW, I think that G-310 listed in Warwick is actually a bolt-on Epi SG Junior. If so, $225 is too much, it should be about half that...

Cheers, Brian

Nope I emailed the guy telling him the same thing, he says their catalog from '97 (I think) called it a G310 P90, bolt-neck...rare bird at any rate, don't see too many of those. I too thought it was an SG Junior. Bottom of the neck goes beyond the horns to just above where the neck pickup would be. SG Juniors is like a regular SG in the necks even with the horns...*** far as the Sekova, I'm waiting for him to call me, and I have that very same question for him...did a little research on them, some were bolt-on, some were setnecks

I could be wrong, but I think you guys are mistaken.

In 1997, the G-310 and the SG Junior were the same guitar. It was called a G-310 Jr. as shown in the '97 catalog I have posted. When I zoomed in on the pic, you can see Junior written on the headstock.

I have done some research on this matter, being that I own a '97 SG Jr. myself. Mine also has "Junior" on the headstock.

And Brian, these are going for over $200 in most places. Not half of $225 as you stated. I've watched these guitars steadily increase over the past few years. Some thought I was not too smart to spend $175 on mine 3 years ago. Those same folks have since changed their mind. And no, they are not made of plywood. They are made of alder.

I posted mine below as well.

Let me know if I'm wrong. I want to know the truth. :)

yyy.jpgDSC00052-2-2.jpg

Wow I was right and wrong in the same post. Right that it really was a Junior, and wrong that it should sell for $112.

So SG, this is a solid wood body, bolt-on, right?

Anyways, Mat, tell the guy I'd be happy to give him $200 + PayPal fees + shipping if he's willing.

(After you check it out first)

[biggrin]

Ludwig, that's the same exact guitar that's on Craigslist for 200 bucks. He's been trying to get me to buy it, but I'm in it for either a Dot, or something similar.

I thought it might be.

Yep, I got a Dot too (Cherry as well) and like it also. You can't go wrong either way.

The nice thing about those Jr.s are that they are so light. Mine weighs about 5.6 lbs. None of my other electrics are even close to that. There are times when it's nice to have a guitar that light to play. And with new Gotoh tuners, and a new nut, she was good to go. The neck and fingerboard are very nice on mine. The rosewood has a very nice grain to it. And I think the neck is mohogany.

Wow I was right and wrong in the same post. Right that it really was a Junior, and wrong that it should sell for $112.

So SG, this is a solid wood body, bolt-on, right?

Anyways, Mat, tell the guy I'd be happy to give him $200 + PayPal fees + shipping if he's willing.

(After you check it out first)

[biggrin]

Yeah, you were right. I should have mentioned that.

Yes, it's a solid alder bolt-on. You are correct.

Hehe I did some price checking on eBay and found the same G-310 Jr for $200 with a case at a pawnshop in Philly.

BTW, somebody on this board really needs to buy this Junior, it's a steal with the crazy-arse paint job, PRS tuners, EMG and case(!) :

EpiJrET1.jpgEpiJrET3.jpg

EpiJrET2.jpgEpiJrET4.jpg

[scared] That's awesome, but the stickers ruin it for me...

Archived