Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Customer Service

andy3221

Hi,

i just wondered what you guys think of the Epiphone customer service in Europe, it has shocked me that i have e mailed them 3 times and no response what so ever.

i have a real issue with qaulity with my new Epiphone Les Paul 50th ani 1960 v1 guitar that i got from a dealer, anyhow thats another story, i just wonderd if anyone else has issues with the customer service or is it just me.

[confused]

you can't really expect the same high standards or customer service and quick response to inquiries that you might get from, oh say a computer seller like Dell or HP. The difference between a guitar retailer and a computer retailer is ..... ummm... well it's ....errrr. hmmmm. OK, yeah, why can't you expect the same quality of customer service? :huh: It's not like they're selling magic here. :unsure:

OK, yeah, why can't you expect the same quality of customer service? :huh: It's not like they're selling magic here. :unsure:

No, they're not selling magic, but I think a lot of you would be surprised at just how small the staff is at guitar companies. Not an excuse, but there really are very few employees at most guitar manufactureres ... even the big ones.

Besides, when was the last time you called a Computer Manufacturer for customer assistance? The last time I did I ended up talking to someone in New Delhi that was clearly reading (poorly) off of some sort of screen.

But back to the issue at hand: Andy, you said that the guitar was new. Have you contacted your dealer? I know that the company I work for is able to solve most issues right in the store ... or exchange the guitar if we can't. At any rate, I'm sure that they have some sort of direct

contact that is not available to the general public. Give 'em a shout and tell them you aren't happy.

Jim

Last I heard HP's support is not outsourced -this may have changed. Dells support is, but honestly, the guys over in India do a good job and they'll address you inquiries immediately. They are quite knowledgable despite the accent/skin color. [unsure]

I believe the lack of staff at Epibson is the result of a never ending quest to be as cheap as possible. Yes, they certainly do pass the savings on to the customer ... I can't complain about the fabulous value of these guitars. I just kind of wish you could ask a question and get a good solid answer in a reasonable amount of time.

, the guys over in India do a good job and they'll address you inquiries immediately. They are quite knowledgable despite the accent/skin color. [unsure]

HAHA! No. They arent. When was the last time, if ever, you had to deal with outsourced customer service? I went through the whole rigamarole last week with T-mobile. Five days worth of phone calls, ten Indians and one American service rep later, I finally got my phone problem straightened out. With the Indian service reps it was the same crap call after call. Reading from some predetermined list of answers, none of which adressed my problem.

I finally lost my sh!t and started screaming at them. I was transfered to an American rep. Lo and behold, my problem was fixed in less than five minutes. Yep. Real knowledgable.

Disclaimer. I am absolutely NOT suggeting you scream at the Gibson/Epi folks. What I did was a last ditch resort.

Hi,

i just wondered what you guys think of the Epiphone customer service in Europe, it has shocked me that i have e mailed them 3 times and no response what so ever.

i have a real issue with qaulity with my new Epiphone Les Paul 50th ani 1960 v1 guitar that i got from a dealer, anyhow thats another story, i just wonderd if anyone else has issues with the customer service or is it just me.

[confused]

Hi,

Thanks for the post and your participation. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not receive a response from our European Customer Service. I would suggest that you try calling them at the toll-free number below:

In Europe:

00+8004GIBSON1 (00+800-444-2766-1)

If there are any other problems getting in touch with them, please email our U.S. Customer Service or myself via this forum.

Thanks again and we look forward to promptly resolving any issues you may have. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Jim Epi

Hi,

Thanks for the post and your participation. I'm very sorry to hear that you did not receive a response from our European Customer Service. I would suggest that you try calling them at the toll-free number below:

In Europe:

00+8004GIBSON1 (00+800-444-2766-1)

If there are any other problems getting in touch with them, please email our U.S. Customer Service or myself via this forum.

Thanks again and we look forward to promptly resolving any issues you may have. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you,

Jim Epi

Welcome Andy... & how's that for service!

(Can I have a bumper sticker now please Jim [laugh] )

Welcome Andy... & how's that for service!

(Can I have a bumper sticker now please Jim [laugh] )

Well what a nice bunch you all are, thank you for your replies, and thank you Mr Rosenberg i will do as you say and call them.

i am sure i can sort out my problems once i have spoken to someone

thank you again [smile]

Archived