Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone dot replacement neck

perry

Hey guys im in need of help big time.

I am currently looking for a replacement neck for my Dot and am having no luck what so ever ive tried looking all over and so far i have been out of luck .

Im wondering if any of you guys out there know of anyone who specialize in this or know where to look.

basically what has happened is my neck has snapped and i really want to get it back up and running.

Thanks Perry

Pete was right, with a Dot being a set neck people usually replace the entire thing if it is beyond repair. I don't know where you are located but in the US Dot's new run $399 and you can find some good deals on used ones at the usual places on the net.

mgm

I doubt that a replacement neck for a Dot can even be purchased. In any case, replacing the neck could easily exceed the replacement value of the guitar, which is approximately $200 US. Many owners with your problem have had the necks glued back together quite successfully, depending on the break. I wish there was a better answer, but one doesn't exist.

If you were a skilled luthier, you could probably fix it yourself and it would be worth-while. It can probably be glued back to usable condition fairly cheap by a good shop, it will only be expensive if you have them try to "disguise" the repair by touching up the finish. You can't buy a "new" neck, and even if you had one, paying to have the old one removed and the new one set-in properly and refinished would cost about 6 times what this guitar is worth NEW. Sorry, that's just the nature of the beast :( Have her glued back together if possible!

Archived