Gibson Brands Forums

Got Some Questions...

chrisj893

Have some questions, hopefully some of them can be answered here...

Can I drop in grover tuners without any modification or do i need some sort of bushing or converter?

Also whats the deal with the bumblebee capacitors, can someone give me an overview them?

How are the pots in the R9s, are they long shaft or short?

Thanks

it would be helpful if your questions were more direct.and with some info about the guitar you have.

1. it depends on what type of tuners are already there. And what type you want to install.(Pictures are nice)

2. From which MFG ? new or old ( get my point ?)try Google- bumblebee capacitors

3. From what year guitar?

To get accurate answers , info is important. Pictures are also helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, the first thing is , I'm no expert, I'm fairly sure of this. The only thing I will tell you is you need to take off a tuner and see if it goes in. Because of info, from what the picture gives, who knows what's under them and what may have been done in the past(no front shot). If you don't like those tuners you can send them to me.!!!! BB's were a type of cap used in the original LP's in the 50's. If you don't know what a cap does, play your guitar and use the tone control. That's what the cap does. People like the way they help the guitar sound.

In the New R9's, long. have fun. since the pic you posted is a pic from a web-site.(possible stock pic) I presume you are considering buying it.

The guitar may have been moded.who knows what has been done?

I stand corrected about the pots, sorry. I said what I did about the tuners because , there are double ring tuners on there now, which are not standard (stock) on an R9, so with out taking the tuner off and seeing it they is no way to know what was done before. the guitar has already been moded ,in at least a small way. My question to you guys, who know more than me is, if you change back from Grovers to stock tuners , can you see any markings from the Grovers ?

Archived