Gibson Brands Forums

What's Your Single Biggest Question About Learning Guitar?

andy.anderson

the TRUE #1 question isn't limited to the forum(s).........my workplace employs about 30 young guys (I call young 18-24) that keep a running average of 8-9 guitarists, and (being told to go ask the old dude that works nights) they repeatedly ask me ....wait for it.... "is my guitar REAL?, i'd just HATE to find out I spent $139 on a fake (insert cheap brand name here)".

other questions.....why are my strings so high?.....I just lowered the thing that the strings run over (bridge) why does it rattle when I play it now?.....I adjusted the neck on my guitar, (either) why is it buzzing now (or) why are the strings so high now, I ONLY gave the nut 4 or 5 (complete)turns.

and the classics......"is Gibson (or Fender) REALLY better than Epiphone (or Squier)?"

the ever popular, and most asked, "where can I get the CHEAPEST guitar? I want to sound good, but not put over $200 in to it."

and my all time favorite...."why would somebody pay $1000 for a guitar? I have a (insert cheapo here) that I KNOW sounds as good as one of them expensive axes"

ohhhh to be young and have the "glazed over look" of a newbie again....

Archived