Gibson Brands Forums

Joe Bonamassa Show in Anaheim Last Night

Californiaman

Oh my gosh!

I could go on and on and probably will for days and days about how great a show that was last night.

A religious experience to say the least.

I didn't record this. I found it on Youtube just a few minutes ago.

I'll talk more about the show as the thread grows.

One of the guitars JB played was a flame top Les Paul with a single bridge pickup and a reverse firebird headstock!!! I want one.

Here's this for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyzLUGM3ovg

Oh my gosh!

I could go on and on and probably will for days and days about how great a show that was last night.

A religious experience to say the least.

I didn't record this. I found it on Youtube just a few minutes ago.

I'll talk more about the show as the thread grows.

One of the guitars JB played was a flame top Les Paul with a single bridge pickup and a reverse firebird headstock!!! I want one.

Here's this for now.

Cali, here's my post from your other thread after I got home last night. Sorry we missed you. Totally agree about what a show it was. Definitely will see him again, and gonna give BCC a listen over the next few days because Grove tix go on sale next Friday.

So just sitting here chillin' after the Joe Show at the Grove!!! WOW!

Caliman...stopped by your table about 15 minutes before showtime but you weren't there. We were down in section one, second row.

All I can say is if you haven't seen Joe live, you need to. Two solid hours of no BS killing time stuff, just one song to the next to the next, and he is just awesome. His late show 5 minute solo acoustic/elec segment alone is worth the price of admission. Mrs. Dennis G had no clue who we were going to see but she is now a Joe fan.

So, was anybody else there?

Dennis,

I was in HB this morning. I ate at the Aloha Grill. Great food and service. Check it out if you haven't. It's on Beach Blvd.

We were a little late getting there for the show. It was all my fault.

As I was walking out from dinner (Los Sanchez in Garden Grove, I highly recommend it) I looked across the room and saw someone I had not seen in 22 years!!

The last time I saw her and her mother was when I spoke at her brothers funeral 22 years ago. It was amazing. I was crying like a baby. My buddy who was starting to worry about me thought I had eaten a bad chili cause when I got to his truck to leave it was clear I'd been crying.

Oh man... what an amazing show. [thumbup] And those guitars JB plays. I loved that super cool single pickup guitar with the reverse Firebird headstock he used on "Stop."

And yes, his Mountain Time/Woke Up Dreaming was amazing. I was the guy yelling, "Go Gettum' Joe," "You the man," and "Lord have mercy." Yeah that was me. I was so into it.

I liked when he said he was from Los Angeles. "Where shady people live in the sunshine."

It was an amazing night for me.

I'm glad your wife is now a fan. [thumbup]

Hey incidentally, did you try that Humboldt Brown Ale? Wow was that good. I only got one before the bar closed.

Anyway, I'm sorry I missed you. I would have loved to meet you and your wife. Maybe in June?

I want that guitar. I think I'll ask Joe if he wants to part with it after the tour. [drool]

lol

Nicknamed the BonaByrd by Joe B.

Here's another version of the guitar 2 pup.

The thread:

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15062

http://www.jbonamassa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15876

Not only done for Joe. There was a version by Gibson previously.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/113176-wtf-rare-les-paul.html

You should join the forum; jbonamassa.com/forum

loads of info there and posts from Joe too when he has time.

Archived