Gibson Brands Forums

Identify model / color

FredM

Hello I just purchased this awesome sounding and in great shape Epiphone SG made in March 07. It has gold hardware, two pickups, 2 volume and 2 tone controls. Fixed neck on mahogany body with amber color, lighter center with darker edges maple top. Rosewood finger board with inlays. On head stock it has SG, on back of head stock it says Limited edition custom shop. What is it's name and color designation?

Sounds like a G400 Deluxe. Does it have a flame or quilt top on it?...er, wait, nope, the Deluxe had chrome hardware. Could just be a special run. I'll see what I can find.

------

Ok, it sounds like a Deluxe or maybe a Quilt Top with gold hardware. What kind of maple top?

He said it has a maple cap, so its has to be flamed or quilted...otherwise what would be the point? But yeah, thats the guitar. G400 Custom Shop Limited Edition in Honeyburst.

Doubtful you will find any REAL info on this guitar becuase its a typical G400 with a snazzy painjob and gold hardware. Epiphone does this kind of thing all the time.

Its hard to tell from your photo whether it has a flame on the top, This is the closest thing i can find

flame burst

Very little info out there on this model [huh]

Thanx, think you got it. However I thought there would be a G400 lable on it somewhere. There is no flame it looks exactly like the photos you supplied.

Thanx, think you got it. However I thought there would be a G400 lable on it somewhere. There is no flame it looks exactly like the photos you supplied.

Say what? The photos he supplied ARE a flame top. And when I color-correct and sharpen your pic, I see faint flames. I'm half tempted to just stop answering questions around here. And for the record (and no offense to you BigNeil), there is no such color as "flameburst". Its HONEYBURST.

I'll reiterate this one.more.time. G400 "Custom Shop" Limited Edition in Honeyburst.

You're welcome.

Archived