Gibson Brands Forums

I'm thinking about this one

WahKeen

I really like the 60s neck on a gibby. Both my Studios have the round 50s neck, and they just don't feel right, up on the fretboard. I have managed over the years, but when I play my Custom, it feels great all the way up and down. I don't want to play it all the time, so I was thinking about getting a Studio (workhorse) with a 60s neck, after selling one of the current ones.

I found these beauties at MF. The Studio Pro Plus. They have AA maple figured top, mahogany body, nitro lacquer finish, 490r and BB pro (coil tap), kluson style tulip tuners, and these wild colors!

What do you all think? I'm leaning toward the Transparent Black... But that Manhattan Blue sure is hot!

Edit: Pics are further down the thread

Link

i feel you. something about the sixties necks really get to me as well. and for me, i gotta feel it in person. while most feel good to me, the one that gets me is usually more chance. i have felt a few fat ones i liked a lot as well.

and, you know, while i prefer the ones with binding, those ones like that that have the natural top exposed contrasting the dark get to me too, not because i think they mimic binding but because they do a natural wood thing. i gets me.

Wow cookieman, that is one sweet looking guitar. When I ordered my Les Paul Standard Premium Plus I asked if they could make it with a 60's neck but they wouldn't do it for some strange reason (they were still making Les Pauls with the 60's necks back then).

I think all the guitars are sweet looking. For $300 more you can get a nice red Traditional Pro too...

310nOJgoffL.jpg

Archived