Gibson Brands Forums

Soundcloud usernames

Artie Owl

http://soundcloud.com/evanpc/droid-app-test

Got bored and decided to check out the record and upload feature of the Droid app. I was lazy and just set the phone on my leg whilst leaning back in my chair. Amp was about 3 feet to my right, and at a fairly good level. Sounds like there's a little distortion when strumming some chords on the bridge pickup, but things smooth out about half way through. Once I switch to the middle and neck positions, it really doesn't sound all that bad to my ears.

Awesome! I'm going to try it on my HD later. BTW What kind of bird is that in the background? Budgie?

http://soundcloud.com/evanpc/droid-app-test

Got bored and decided to check out the record and upload feature of the Droid app. I was lazy and just set the phone on my leg whilst leaning back in my chair. Amp was about 3 feet to my right, and at a fairly good level. Sounds like there's a little distortion when strumming some chords on the bridge pickup, but things smooth out about half way through. Once I switch to the middle and neck positions, it really doesn't sound all that bad to my ears.

Impressed! [thumbup]

Awesome! I'm going to try it on my HD later. BTW What kind of bird is that in the background? Budgie?

Yeah, 2 of them. They're annoying as chit.

Musical sounds make them sing...or scream, depending on how you look at it. Usually I have to move them to another room when I need silence when I'm recording something. Again, I get lazy about it. I think one or two of the other tracks on my profile feature the birds on vocals too! It's actually kind of funny to me...playing back these nice sounding recordings...and having random birds chirping in the background. Bush league.

Yeah, 2 of them. They're annoying as chit.

Musical sounds make them sing...or scream, depending on how you look at it. Usually I have to move them to another room when I need silence when I'm recording something. Again, I get lazy about it. I think one or two of the other tracks on my profile feature the birds on vocals too! It's actually kind of funny to me...playing back these nice sounding recordings...and having random birds chirping in the background. Bush league.

I like budgies. Parrots in general are pretty interesting, but yes, in this context I can see it being annoying haha.

Archived