Gibson Brands Forums

Soundcloud usernames

Artie Owl

"EvanPC"

Just joined a couple months ago. Haven't been very active on it, other than posting a few "sketches" I did a while back when I first got all my recording gear.

I plan to utilize it more, just haven't had the time.

Cool beans.

I just picked up a Droid 2 over the weekend, and I noticed there's a free SoundCloud app. I'll have to d/l it and check it out not.

I'm trying the App on my Macbook, and on my HTC Desire HD right now, haven't uploaded anything yet, but it's a good excuse to!

what is this "soundcloud" that you speak of? :-k

Soundcloud is a webservice that allows you to upload music or sounds online, like Flickr does but instead of photos soundcloud does audio. You can follow users and browse their stuff, it's just another music sharing site, but it offers free apps for the Macbook, Mac, Android, and I believe PC as well as iPhone devices so you can record stuff on the fly and upload it directly from your phone, or upload stuff from home using the program, check it out!

http://soundcloud.com/

[crying]

I felt all special because it said I had an exclusive track...

..until you actually heard it. If you had a balloon exclusively blown up with farts it might be exclusive but there's probably a reason for that. [razz]

I should go easier on myself me thinks. :unsure:

I downloaded the app for my Droid but it doesn't seem too robust. The record/upload from your phone feature seems cool, though I doubt I'll ever use it for music. Suppose I should dig into it more.

Can't see comments on it and I'm not sure if you can communicate with anyone on it yet. Just simple searches, and streaming of audio so far.

http://soundcloud.com/evanpc/droid-app-test

Got bored and decided to check out the record and upload feature of the Droid app. I was lazy and just set the phone on my leg whilst leaning back in my chair. Amp was about 3 feet to my right, and at a fairly good level. Sounds like there's a little distortion when strumming some chords on the bridge pickup, but things smooth out about half way through. Once I switch to the middle and neck positions, it really doesn't sound all that bad to my ears.

I just joined and uploaded a few live band recordings from 2008 and 2009 cause that's the only audio I have right now.

I still don't quite understand how the site works though.

Oh...I'm jbow00 (thats zero zero like in dem00n [cool] )

Archived