Gibson Brands Forums

I did good, I think

Tober

Over the winter I got my les Paul classic. I got it from a guy on craigs list. He told my that he stopped playing guitar and started playing bass for his band. The guitar was sitting in a beat up case. When I opened the case you tell it hadn't been Played in a long time. There was sweat grim all over the fret board and sweat marks were caked on the body. It also was screaming for a set up. He wanted $1400 for it but over email talked him down to a $1000. When i saw the guitar in person I offered $800 for it. We agreed on the $800 and I walked out with the Paul. Got it home and knew that it only need a cleaning and set up and since I could do all that, no problem. Took a while to clean it up but she did shine right back up. There were only a few nicks in it and the back has a little belt rash but nothing to bad. I have wanted this model for a long time and was disappointed when Gibson stopped making this one. When I had the funds to buy a new one there was none to be found and I hate the traditional. That money went to my PRS sunburst 22 with the pauls finish. The LP sounds great, I don't know why people are so down on the classic. Bottom line I got mine for $800 when it shoiuld have gone for more

i really dont like the neck or the pickups they used. maybe hate was the wrong word to use. just wish they didnt stop making the classic.

You did good, REAL good.....any genuine Gibson LP above a studio for under a grand, WOW ! I too, like the classic LP.....but why do you "hate" the Traditional? Anyway, post some pics of the new guitar! :D

Archived