Gibson Brands Forums

is this worth $45, and a 2 hour round trip?

Dougefresh91

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/msg/2255507994.html

If it was around the corner it'd be one thing. But it's going to take me an hour, if not more with the god awful traffic. Plus he said it makes a static noise, so it needs repair on top of the other nonsense.

Should I bother? They're pretty inexpensive new, but I figure this would be good to mess with and see if I like LP's.

It's so far though. And the horrible Florida drivers... I can't decide.

That is one of the most basic Les Pauls Epiphone make New its £120, but this is a Korean 2nd hand with signs of wear best 2nd hand price would be £60-80 so you would probably break even cost wise...

Yeah, so that sounds pretty not worth it I guess. I haven't been home from work yet, and I'm sitting in my Dr's waiting room going on 45 minutes from when my appointment was scheduled. At this rate I'll be lucky if I'm home by 730. Oh well. I guess there will be others. Thanks, man.

I checked ebay briefly and it seems like buying used plus shipping I might as well just buy new.

why do you want it? if you like it, sure. if you are just thinking it is a bargain, why bother. ain't enough money to be made either way.

They're fun mod platforms, but not worth the gas or effort unless they fall into your lap.

Not to worry, it has happened to me several times - enough that I don't bother unless right in the neighborhood or on my way to somewhere:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/56660-kids-todaymods-complete/page__p__763266__hl__%2Bkids+%2Btoday__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=763266

Good point, Brian. I got a really good craigslist app on my phone now so I can keep a close watch on what people are selling. Really I've been waiting for an amp, but you know, there's no such thing as too many guitars, apparently. Especially when you live alone. I do like that yellow LP.

Archived