Gibson Brands Forums

EL00

burlyblack

Just wondering......Does Epiphone have another guitar similar in size to that of an EL00; one which you folks have had experience with?....thanks in advance -BB

Epiphone still makes the E-00. I got one from Musicians Friend and I'm delighted. I owned a Gibson LG-1 for a while and this one is very similar. It has a narrow (1.65 I think) nut and 24 3/4 scale. It has a large bout (15 1/2") which gives it more bottom than you would normally get from a small parlor guitar and great tone. I have no complaints about mine. The only thing I did was replace the pegs with ebony and the nut and saddle with TUSQs. I took it to my Luther for the usual set up but it didn't really need much as he said. I'm really impressed by it. I've been playing for 47 years and this one is my favorite knock around guitar of all time. It's like my harp, goes where I go and sounds great with bottleneck and open tunings. It's a finger picker and a good old time blues guitar. The price is great too. I paid $299.00 for it.

Epiphone still makes the E-00. I got one from Musicians Friend and I'm delighted. I owned a Gibson LG-1 for a while and this one is very similar. It has a narrow (1.65 I think) nut and 24 3/4 scale. It has a large bout (15 1/2") which gives it more bottom than you would normally get from a small parlor guitar and great tone. I have no complaints about mine. The only thing I did was replace the pegs with ebony and the nut and saddle with TUSQs. I took it to my Luther for the usual set up but it didn't really need much as he said. I'm really impressed by it. I've been playing for 47 years and this one is my favorite knock around guitar of all time. It's like my harp, goes where I go and sounds great with bottleneck and open tunings. It's a finger picker and a good old time blues guitar. The price is great too. I paid $299.00 for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at buying an El-00 here in france.

The guitar has a "used" sticker on the back of the headstock and the last two numbers of the serial number have been blacked out.

The seller says this is because it was end of stock instrument from the US.

Could anybody give me some info here if this might be true or not.

The guitar looks authentic and in perfect shape.

Also how does this short scale and narrower neck compare to a "3/4" size guitar?

Thanking you in advance

Ozigor

I'm looking at buying an El-00 here in france.

The guitar has a "used" sticker on the back of the headstock and the last two numbers of the serial number have been blacked out.

The seller says this is because it was end of stock instrument from the US.

Could anybody give me some info here if this might be true or not.

The guitar looks authentic and in perfect shape.

Also how does this short scale and narrower neck compare to a "3/4" size guitar?

Thanking you in advance

Ozigor

That means the guitar is/was sold without a warranty from Epiphone. There's no telling why. Often, guitars with these marking were rejected by Epiphone QC for some small reason, and sold to a Refurbisher, who corrected the problem. Guitars with a "2" on them usually have only cosmetic issues, and are sold with an Epiphone warranty. That's been my experience, anyway.

Red 333

• 1 month later...

Had mine for quite a few years now. korea model. Actually came with a case. Love at first sight and strum. Pretty as a picture and sound to match IMO. It was for my forlorn attempts to sound like Robert. Actually its my go to guitar everything really. The size is perfect and it just gets better with age. Great fun. Guitars can come and go but not this one. I have tried, bought, had fun and parted with more expensive guitars, but this love never dies. Not sure what the quality is these days but mine was an absolute bargain. I bet they are still pretty well made and you can't beat the price.

John

Archived