Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson string spacing bridge

EADGBE

Do you know any aftermarket gold TOM bridges with narrow (epiphone) 71 mm post width but wide (gibson) 52 mm string spacing? I might want to modify the Korean (samick) '96 Sheraton so that it feels the same as my Gibson SG.

Do you know any aftermarket gold TOM bridges with narrow (epiphone) 71 mm post width but wide (gibson) 52 mm string spacing? I might want to modify the Korean (samick) '96 Sheraton so that it feels the same as my Gibson SG.

Aftermarket bridges are available to fit the older Sheraton post spacing, but i would be careful about the string spacing, I don't have a Sheraton but i believe the fretboard on them is narrow to match the string spacing so a wider spacing at the bridge could cause the strings to sit too close to the edges of the fretboard.

Of course 'im am not sure about this and i'm sure someone with more experience with Sheri's will come along and speak their wisdom.

hi!

i have not found any replacement bridges worth discussion. I have replaced the bushing for the old bridge with two massive brass cylinders with eccentric taps in order to attach a standard schaller bridge. all other solutions like placing a dowel and redrilling and so on have not worked - the remainder of the dowel when trying new studholes, for instancec, was sqished when stringing the guitar. good news - the shaller bridge comes without the groves for the strings, so you can realize any string spacing you want ...

yours

wolfi

hi!

i have not found any replacement bridges worth discussion. I have replaced the bushing for the old bridge with two massive brass cylinders with eccentric taps in order to attach a standard schaller bridge. all other solutions like placing a dowel and redrilling and so on have not worked - the remainder of the dowel when trying new studholes, for instancec, was sqished when stringing the guitar. good news - the shaller bridge comes without the groves for the strings, so you can realize any string spacing you want ...

yours

wolfi

Thanks for the idea!

Archived