Gibson Brands Forums

SG truss rod cover

MI_Canuck

My SG truss rod cover has two small cracks - one at each of the screw holes. Nothing major and the cover still holds in place but I wouldn't mind replacing at some point. I guess it's common if they screws were over tightened. So I went to GC last night and asked if they had replacements. Only blank Gibson truss rod cover. So they called Gibson, and Gibson told them that they don't make those available as a replacement part!! Only LP Standard, Classic and Custom (and blank of course).

Anyone know where to get an actual Gibson SG truss rod cover? I guess Ebay might be the only choice...

Here's a pic - hard to see but you can make out the two small cracks in the white layer...

2847803081_3a819326cf_o.jpg

cheers

My SG truss rod cover has two small cracks - one at each of the screw holes. Nothing major and the cover still holds in place but I wouldn't mind replacing at some point. I guess it's common if they screws were over tightened. So I went to GC last night and asked if they had replacements. Only blank Gibson truss rod cover. So they called Gibson' date=' and Gibson told them that they don't make those available as a replacement part!! Only LP Standard, Classic and Custom (and blank of course).

Anyone know where to get an actual Gibson SG truss rod cover? I guess Ebay might be the only choice...

Here's a pic - hard to see but you can make out the two small cracks in the white layer...

[img']http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3197/2847803081_3a819326cf_o.jpg[/img]

cheers

Just look on eBay, there's at least one on there now, and it won't break your wallet too badly.

H-Bomb

Mine is blank to start with. It could be a major quest to find one. It's not the sort of thing that someone jumps out of bed and says "I think I will sell my SG truss rod cover today".

I recently had the on/off globe in my Twin blow. It took weeks of searching to find one, and no special markings!

You can always get someone to etch a blank one...

Archived