Gibson Brands Forums

My new 12 string came in today.

Steven Tari

WOW! Was I surprised. The new SKB molded case blew my mind. It's a molded international case. The guitar really blew my mind. I was going to buy a tunner for it, but in less the 10 minutes after pulling it out of the box I was playing in tune. I didn't know it had a tunner built in. Haven't had anytime to hook it up to an amp yet but when I get home in the morning from work I'll hook it to an amp and see what she can do. The guitar is light, beautiful, and well made. I buy nothing but Gibson guitar family, but I sure am glad I tried out the LAG guitar for my new 12 string with the redwood cedar front. I was also looking for the place to put a 9 volt battery like my other acoustic/electric guitars. It has a battery like in a small hand held Dictionary. I was also caught off guard, But I couldn't find the plug in at first. But after looking a few minutes the back strap button is also the plug in for the cable, SWEET. It dosen't have that extra plug messing with the beauty. Can't wait for the morning to put it on an amp. [thumbup]

I think my two Ovations were among the first Piezo active pickup guitars easily found in stores even in the American "outback" back in the 1970s.

Both hide the battery inside the box and have only a volume knob. A low-end Epi and others, along with many aftermarket A-E piezo variations, don't even have the volume knob. Many have volume/tone controls and variations of other controls, but no tuner.

I have mixed emotion on AE tuners. Gotta have my glasses on for the one I have. It doesn't get lost like a pitch pipe or "regular" tuner - but it doesn't work with a dead battery, either.

m

Archived