Gibson Brands Forums

Android Audio/guitar Apps

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest FarnsBarns

Thought an Android app thread was in order.

I like:

JamBox - displays chords and scales.

Scale Master - displays chords and scales.

Audio Speed Changer - changes track speed without changing pitch.

Solo - Messing with on screen guitar

ULoops - sequencer

Guitar instructor - plays MIDI files while displaying tab for any channel

Gstrings - chromatic tuner

What are your favourites?

I haven't looked at too many, but I've seen a couple.

Gibson has an app for Android which contains chords, tuner, instructional video...maybe something else. Can't remember.

There's also a Soundcloud app, which, if you're a member, you can download and listen to all of your posted recordings, as well as anyone you're "connected" to. There's also a record-on-your-phone feature which enables you to record audio, and upload directly to Soundcloud from your phone. It's pretty decent...I tested it, and thought it was definitely acceptable for capturing on the fly ideas, when no better options for recording are available.

Guest FarnsBarns

As it stands currently, Android is absolutely useless for serious audio production apps. Audio latency is around 50ms or more (best case).

IOS is the future for music apps, with a latency of 4ms.

This thread is about Android apps. Thanks for sharing but it's a bit beside the point.

BTW, the most important factor in audio latency is the hardware. My HTC desire hd has the snapdragon MSM8255 SoC, much after than the 200 found in my desire. I get around 7ms latency. Further more, latency is only going to have an impact on recording, are you really making serious recordings on your iPhone? I use my 24bit 96khz 24 track hard disc recorder for that! [tongue]

This thread is about Android apps. Thanks for sharing but it's a bit beside the point.

High latency will have a direct impact on any audio app for android, even a simple piano or synth app. Totally relevant for anything involving real time audio, not only recording.

All free:

Basichords

Color Flashlight (nice to always have one in your pocket)

Guitar Tuner

Gibson's L&M Guitar

Scanner Radio

Solo Light--- cool acoustic guitar on your phone. Not like you're gonna be playing live with it, but helps while away the hours when you're waiting on something/someone :)

Latency on my Droid 2.... /chuckle

Ya know.... my battery powered Marshall Mini-stack won't play Madison Square Gardens unassisted, either.

For the record.

(snicker)

Archived