Gibson Brands Forums

I suppose it was inevitable

Kimbabig

Guest FarnsBarns

Damn it KAS is already setting in!

My link

Very nice!

A good tip is get a half decent MIDI keyboard, say $300-400, Get a copy of PropellerHeads Reason and go. Reason is really simple but gives you several types of synth with thousands of patches and all have fully customizable params. You can also patch hardware knobs on the KB to knobs on the on screen synth. You obviously get all the sequencing goodies too. It's a good heap way to open up a lot of possibilities.

Guest FarnsBarns

I've got a Casio WK-500 right now. I'm pretty sure it has midi.

Thats good! I really recommend Reason for it's simplicity and real world feel. It gives you a rack and you can simply right click and add a synth or sampler, effect unit etc and use them. You can even turn the rack round by pressing TAB and drag and drop the cables to rewire and change the order of different devices. It'll really get you started and learning on the cheap if you are into Yes and Moogs you wont be disapointed!

Wait until you start looking at Steinway Grands with a covetous eye.

Gramps... I used to work in a music store back in the 60's. One of my jobs was delivering pianos, (the store used to rent them for like $10/month).

Once in a while I had to go to this HUGE Piano Warehouse, (new & used), in Berkeley.... it was there that I saw like a 18' Steinway Grand, (maybe it was only 13'...heck it was 40+ years ago), and the guy there

told me it was worth like $30K.... 40+ years ago!

Archived