Gibson Brands Forums

Holy smoke!!!

Gilliangirl

Holy smoke part two.... we have had record snowfall this year. We got another 35 cm last night, then above zero temps today. We live on a sloped hill. When I read your post I headed downstairs to see if my basement was flooded. Well, it's not flooded but one corner is dripping soaking wet! So I'll bet that's what's going on!

I hate to be a pointer-outer of bad things, but any kind of 'wet' in a basement is not good. Better check out why it's wet.

dripping wet WILL turn into damp, dank and mildewed and molded.

One thing that can happen in the spring of the year is frozen water pipes which have broken connections or split pipes will essentially seal themselves while the water is frozen solid. When the ice within thaws, it really comes out a heckin'.

My brother had this happen. He forgot to removed the garden hose from the out door spigot the previous fall. The pipe to the outside froze, then when it thawed in the spring, it really gushed.

Did you ever get the roof done?

I'd guess flooded basement but the 2 ambulances don't make sense.

Wow the most shocking thing about that photo was all the snow. Were in full on summer mode here already in fact spent the morning cleaning the pool and it was warm it's supposed to be 95 here today almost 10 degrees above normal luckily we have a cool down Sunday all the way down into the low 80's [unsure]

too early in the year to be this hot it'll probably be 130 degree's in the shade in July.

Archived