Gibson Brands Forums

i'm bored of guitar now...

S t e v e

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect we all get bored from time to time..... i've not only got away from playing from time to time, I once sold everything I had..... GADS what a mistake!

I'm STILL buying stuff back and I'm OLD!

I'm a little off the guitar right now, but it's mostly due to time constraints.

I'd like to learn the violin, i have a very nice one, and it sits next to the TV in the family room. The fingering isn't what's making it so

tough, it's the bow..... but I'll keep at it when I get tired of the guitar and piano.

Simple solution, if you will

Learn violin via the mandolin

Double the fun.....

V

:-({|=

Simple solution, if you will

Learn violin via the mandolin

Double the fun.....

V

I will probably do that.... my brother is buggin' me to buy a mandolin, but I don't want a cheapie...... and I don't want to spend any of my "stash" on a good mandolin becasue I'm hoping a good H'bird KOA will pop up soon!

Yeah, well I played enough mandolin that I figured I could manage the fiddle.

Not.

The cat kept barfing on the living room rug whenever I messed with the thing back in the mid 1970s. I gave up. He didn't mind the banjo, guitars or mandolin. Still have the fiddle, though.

m

Guest FarnsBarns

Ain't touched mine in 30 years. Literally.

Cleaning cat barf from the living room carpet is just toooooooo much.

M, how old is your cat?

Guest FarnsBarns

Farns...

That particular cat gave up his 9th and final life at age 20.

But I figured the current editions would have similar responses. <grin>

m

I see, you have re-issue cats!

Bored with the guitar?

Take up the trombone..... [thumbup]

V

That's funny. I started my musical adventure on a trombone in the mid 50's in grade school. Then in '62 I got my first guitar. I've never been bored with playing it, ever.

So as I see it, playing trombone is a cure for any guitar boredom.

Until last week I woulda said I used to play trumpet but it ain't likely with my storebought teeth.

Then I did some work with the Texas State University trumpet department head who has a cupla storebought teeth and sez he's had good luck teaching folks with variations of storeboughts.

Sheesh. I ain't played in over 40 years and he sez I could get back to it if I worked at it.

Okay, Whatever. <grin>

m

I will probably do that.... my brother is buggin' me to buy a mandolin, but I don't want a cheapie...... and I don't want to spend any of my "stash" on a good mandolin becasue I'm hoping a good H'bird KOA will pop up soon!

I was lucky(arguably) to learn the violin first at age 7, but generally hated it and gave it up for 30 odd years

Concentrating on guitar

However, returning to violin and mandolin, playing celtic folk etc has been a breath of fresh air....my hero...Dave Swarbrick

V

That's funny. I started my musical adventure on a trombone in the mid 50's in grade school. Then in '62 I got my first guitar. I've never been bored with playing it, ever.

So as I see it, playing trombone is a cure for any guitar boredom.

IMO brass is a total change from guitar...requires a good ear and different skills

And listening to Dixie trumpet, trombone, tuba etc is totally refreshing.....

V

Archived