Gibson Brands Forums

strings

Guest steelshoe

Guest steelshoe

Hey Guy's Just bought my first LP it's a 2000 1960's classic and man I just love it. What is the best strings and cord for it. I use Dean Markley signature's on my 1985 Takamine ef349.

May as well ask what brand of butter on your roll....

Here's what you'll get:

A certain percentage use Ernie Ball Super Slinkys

A certain percentage use D'Addario

A certain Percentage use Elixers

A certain percentage will use something else.... Fender bullets, Gibson, etc.

Use what you like the best. I've tried a LOT of strings and tend to use Martin on my acoustics, D'Addario on my electrics and Elixer on my bass. Still not sure what I'm gonna use on my mandolin or dulcimer :)

Good hunting!

Super Slinky's are a great place to start, they are a quality string that many people use and are happy with. After a run with those strings, buy a different brand and see how you like them, and just keep doing so until you find a brand that you really like. I use the Dean Markley Jimi Hendrix NPS Light strings, found them after about 6 different trial runs of other stings. Good luck and happy playing!

ChanMan nails it for you..............Do you prefer Blonds, Redheads, or, ................?????

On my electrics, I use Earnie Balls, and I have for over 30 years...Until I chose that brand, I tried others........

Guest steelshoe

Seller had Ernie Ball 10's I put on a set of Elixer 10's and the tone was brighter, good times just trying different things.

Archived