Gibson Brands Forums

336 VS 335

Enmitygauged

I am looking at getting my store to order in a CS-336 for me to try. I like the Idea of the carved body. My question is to those that have played both. Is there much difference ?? I imagine more sustain and resonance..... I wanted to ask around before I get them to get one in and find out its the same as the 335 I already have...

Gibby is doing what Carvin has done for years (on the 336)........Fully carved tops........IMHO, the size difference between 335 and 339 are small, tone wise, if any....

Laminate vs Solid tops ?? Dunno....Solid is solid......336 sounds like a killer guitar.................( I'm still going Carvin )........

Yet, the 336 Gibby looks like a killer guitar......No, I haven't played one, but, I do want one......

I am looking at getting my store to order in a CS-336 for me to try. I like the Idea of the carved body. My question is to those that have played both. Is there much difference ?? I imagine more sustain and resonance..... I wanted to ask around before I get them to get one in and find out its the same as the 335 I already have...

I have a CS-336 (and once had an ES-335). I would not say they are the same. Body-wise the CS-336 is smaller, more like a Les Paul, as opposed to the bigger

ES-335 body style. Even though the pickups are the same (both the ES-335 and the CS-336 have '57 Classic Humbuckers) I think the laminated maple body (ES-335)

verses the solid carved wood makeup (mahogany back and maple top) of the CS-336 give it a whole different vibe. I love my CS-336. Give it a try and see what you think.

Depends with semi/hollow bodies.

Want a more mellow acoustic/jazz tone - solid top . . . . but you're gonna need feedback control.

Want to amp up louder - laminate top . . . . . cuts down on feedback, which is why so many semi/hollow are laminate.

Depends with semi/hollow bodies.

Want a more mellow acoustic/jazz tone - solid top . . . . but you're gonna need feedback control.

Want to amp up louder - laminate top . . . . . cuts down on feedback, which is why so many semi/hollow are laminate.

Thanks guys

Archived