Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG Special Faded Satin Ebony?

sgphoenix211

Hi, I was wondering whether I should get a Gibson SG Special Faded Satin Ebony. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, sgphoenix211 [flapper]post-32831-089748700 1305240682_thumb.jpg

Well, don't just get one.............

I haven't seen the specs on that particular SG......You should be able to get / buy one new for $699.00......Perhaps less........

Would I buy one ??? Yes.......

As someone who owns one (in worn cherry,) and loves it? Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Whenever I pick it up, I get this warm feeling in my gut--the neck (one mine at least) is perfect, the body is super comfortable, the weight (again, on mine, at least) is perfect and the pickups are superb. For a guitar that you could get for around $700, it's a steal. Looks meaner and cooler than a Les Paul Studio (IMHO, at least,) and can hit warm jazz tones and razor-sharp metal tones, and anything in-between, (with the right rig, as always.)

I think it's an excellent guitar. If you can get one, and especially if you can get whoever sells it to you to pull off something like 20-30% (always gotta get the best deal,) I think you'd be silly not to go for it.

First, I think the SG in general is the most versatile and comfortable-playing Gibson solidbody.

And I agree that to me it's incredibly versatile.

But I'd also say that as with any guitar, if possible play it first to see how it feels to you.

Again as has been written above, a lot will still depend on the rig between the guitar pups and what an audience hears, so your mileage may vary.

For that kind of price, though... if it's sorta what you want, why not?

m

Archived