Gibson Brands Forums

CF-100 E

GeorgeE

I just watched the movie "Country Strong". Gwyneth Paltrow held a CF-100E as a prop, and sort of strummed it with her thumb in a few scenes. From the shots that included her fingers, it looks like she had something of a clue about how to play it. From the look of the finish, the guitar was from the 50's and had been played hard for a long, long time.

From what I can gather from the web, the CF-100e was one of the first Gibson electric guitars. If you aren't familiar with it, the easiest description is a CF-100e like the John Lennon reissue, except with a Florentine cutaway.

This might be a good guitar for Epiphone to reissue.

Great guitar. Just found and bought a MINT Gibson CF-100E Reissue the other day. That would be a great model for Epiphone to reissue.

I was looking at the Epiphone website, and saw this listing of the PR5-E. Just replace the piezo system with the electronics from the EJ160-E, or better yet, keep the piezo and add the magnetics and make it a hybrid!

Best of all, use the piezo and the magnetic, and use the neck from the D2R12 for a hybrid 12-string.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived