Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Tribute PLUS - ANNOUCED!

Got one of these by Epiphone in antique white, G400 Custom LTD Maestro, made in Unsung Korea. A gift from my lovely wife. They only made them for a short while in 2006 so it's difficult to find one new.

Unfortunately it didn't come with Gibson pups, just those crappy Hotch HB's, so I modified

mine a bit. Pickups, pots, caps, etc... :rolleyes:

I have one too, though without the Maestro, and it's useless, might as well be firewood, it has a terrible case of neck flex, which the long neck tenon Mike (Supersonic) mentioned would have helped greatly, it also doesn't have the correct body bevelling, while outwardly similar, he was speaking of another beast entirely.

BTW: Mike has one too, with the Maestro.

I have one too, though without the Maestro, and it's useless, might as well be firewood, it has a terrible case of neck flex, which the long neck tenon Mike (Supersonic) mentioned would have helped greatly, it also doesn't have the correct body bevelling, while outwardly similar, he was speaking of another beast entirely.

BTW: Mike has one too, with the Maestro.

Hey Rastus,

mine plays well and no neck flex. Says in tune even with the maestro being used.

Yeah the neck tenon would make a big difference. My old Gibby '67 Standard had the

long tenon and a maestro. Worked a treat and hardly ever went out of tune.

Tokai makes one also, albeit without the maestro, but I've never had a chance to try one out. Love those old SG's and miss my old '67 terribly. [crying]

Archived