Gibson Brands Forums

NBA Finals

Silenced Fred

I'm not talking physical fitness alone. It is guts and heart and not playing like a wuss. The ancient Greeks played until death. Hell, Pheidippides collapsed and died after running from Marathon.

Last night Joe Thornton of the San Jose Sharks played an entire game plus two overtimes with a dislocated shoulder. Steve Yzerman played a playoff game with stitches in his eye ball. NBA players sit out with hang nail injuries.

Latrell Sprewell played 8 playoff/final games during the 99 season with a broken foot. Tim Duncan won a ring after playing most of the 03 playoffs with broken ribs. During last year's playoffs, Steve Nash left a game for about 5 minutes to get 5 stitches above his left eye. After returning, he completed his triple double and won the game.

Yes, the NBA is full of overpaid babies, but so is every other sport. Even college players will slide to dodge a big hit and avoid a possible career jeopardizing injury. Whats another 2 yards anyway?

If you don't care for NBA, that's fine, but that doesn't mean they are bad athletes. You couldn't pay me enough to watch hockey.

Latrell Sprewell played 8 playoff/final games during the 99 season with a broken foot. Tim Duncan won a ring after playing most of the 03 playoffs with broken ribs. During last year's playoffs, Steve Nash left a game for about 5 minutes to get 5 stitches above his left eye. After returning, he completed his triple double and won the game.

Yes, the NBA is full of overpaid babies, but so is every other sport. Even college players will slide to dodge a big hit and avoid a possible career jeopardizing injury. Whats another 2 yards anyway?

If you don't care for NBA, that's fine, but that doesn't mean they are bad athletes. You couldn't pay me enough to watch hockey.

Steve Nash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYUjIayCJSA

Archived