Gibson Brands Forums

Ribs

Silenced Fred

Here in Oregon, the land of hippies and activist, in order to fit in and be a true Oregonian, you have to have a cause and be against something you think the world needs to know, or else you aren't someone who cares about the world.

Here is what I have chosen:

They say we don't have enough trees, and we have global warming because we are running out of oxygen. Also, I have noted, that vegetarians have to eat a LOT of vegetables to make up for what they don't get from meat.

Plant give off oxygen, so I want to convince the vegetarians to quit eating all the plants. Our planet is dying! We need every plant we can save.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Bow hunting is now illegal in the UK. I have no idea on what grounds, I only recently discovered it! I think hunting your own meat is far more humane and natural and far prefer it, even though with virtually no wilderness left at all (apart from national parks where you can't hunt anyway) it' not really possible in the UK. Fishing is about the only option nowadays. Shooting game birds and pigeons is still an option and people have started eating squirrels lately, apparently they are very good.

Bow hunting is now illegal in the UK. I have no idea on what grounds, I only recently discovered it! I think hunting your own meat is far more humane and natural and far prefer it, even though with virtually no wilderness left at all (apart from national parks where you can't hunt anyway) it' not really possible in the UK. Fishing is about the only option nowadays. Shooting game birds and pigeons is still an option and people have started eating squirrels lately, apparently they are very good.

That's really sad, I find bowhunting extremely enjoyable. The animal feels very little pain and humane hunters use extremely sharp broadheads for an efficient, quick kill. Rifle never appealed to me, people just drive around in their trucks around here and shoot animals out of the window, often times just collecting the antlers or leaving the carcass as it lies. That is what infuriates me. If you're going to harvest an animal at least put it to proper use. Most of the fun is sitting in a tree enjoying the wilderness around you. You feel so alone it's rather exciting, like you're the only man in the world at the moment. I can't wait for Fall.

I think I just came...

derp..

I don't eat pork, but I love me a good steak [thumbup]. I figure, in this day and age it's nearly impossible to avoid heavily processed/engineered/whatever else applies foods, so I take what I know is organic, and live with the rest. I'm just glad to have food, I think that's the best mindset to have as I'm going to Haiti in July to do construction work (houses, and whatever else). It'll be a changing experience, but for now I'll appreciate everything I got.

On another note my favorite place to shop is the local farm, all organic, all absolutely fantastic food (if a wee bit pricey).

I am a uncarded member of PETA:

PEOPLE

EATING

TASTY

ANIMALS

I don't need to see a video of dispatching an animal for consumption. I've done it on many occasions and would do it today if I needed to. I've seen the birth of these animals too. I see no reason to video tape it and show it to the world. Making it a spectacle shows a lack of respect for the animals.

I draw the line at: Food; pigs, bovines, sheep, goat, chicken, turkey, horse and various and sundry wild animals. Most others not so much a food. Some cultures would eschew some of my selections and add their own like dog, snake, rat and cat, which I eschew. I feel no reason to foist my preference on those people. I do not own those peoples' stomachs which are likely hungrier than mine. Some day I may be hungry enough to dine with them.

So, get outta my refrigerator.

Archived