Gibson Brands Forums

Do the Riviera and Riv Royale have same neck profile?

musicmaker99

Today I played a Riviera Ltd Edition Custom and then a few hours later The Ltd Edition Custom Royale. Although the specs for both guitars say "C" neck I would swear that the Royale was much beefier, more on par with a 50's radius. If that had been the case on the first one I played I would have bought it in the blink of an eye because I loved the red finish contrasted with the gold hardware. Unfortunately, the Royale only comes in white (already have one white Ibanez AF75tdg and not looking for another in that color).

So, anyone know if these two share the exact same necks? Thanks!

815771.jpg645148.jpg

Hey, Music ...

I read your post this morning while I was getting ready for work. Once I got there, the first thing I did was check the P93 and the Royale that we have at the store. Both seemed to be pretty much the same guitar to me and, what's more, they both seemed to be pretty much the same P93 that I have owned for several months.

That being said, one thing we have come to embrace as Epiphone players, is that they are consistantly inconsistant about things like this ... so who knows if the two you played are exactly alike. Besides, if it feels different to you ... then it is!

One thing is consistant about this model: it is one teriffic guitar!

Jim

Hey, Music ...

I read your post this morning while I was getting ready for work. Once I got there, the first thing I did was check the P93 and the Royale that we have at the store. Both seemed to be pretty much the same guitar to me and, what's more, they both seemed to be pretty much the same P93 that I have owned for several months.

That being said, one thing we have come to embrace as Epiphone players, is that they are consistantly inconsistant about things like this ... so who knows if the two you played are exactly alike. Besides, if it feels different to you ... then it is!

One thing is consistant about this model: it is one teriffic guitar!

Jim

I'm off to ther same GC that had the Red Riviera (no one else had it in stock) and check it out again. Thanks for the info, it helps alot! [biggrin]

Archived