Gibson Brands Forums

Battle of the Bands tonight

Silenced Fred

We got fourth out of four bands. The band that was formed by one of the judges won. Surprise surprise. I wouldn't be as pissed as I am, but they sucked. They sounded awful and everyone's timing was off

**** this ****

Aww man, don't take it hard (not an order, a suggestion). Sometimes people just don't get it, and if they don't, so be it (and/or f'ck them!). It could be a reflection on their intelligence musically (or lack thereof?) or simply musical taste.

Real success can be measured in two ways in my mind, how much fun the audience had, and how much fun you had. No panel of judges can tell it better than that.

Just keep on' workin' man. Good things really do come to good people, just wait for it.

Aww man, don't take it hard (not an order, a suggestion). Sometimes people just don't get it, and if they don't, so be it (and/or f'ck them!). It could be a reflection on their intelligence musically (or lack thereof?) or simply musical taste.

Real success can be measured in two ways in my mind, how much fun the audience had, and how much fun you had. No panel of judges can tell it better than that.

Just keep on' workin' man. Good things really do come to good people, just wait for it.

Just annoying that it was completely rigged.

Glad people liked it, and quite a few people said they would be coming to our show in two weeks, so that's good

Fred, you signed up knowing what would happen. You can't possibly be mad about it.

Did you have fun playing for people?

Did people see you play and have fun?

Will some of those people come and see you next time you have a show/gig/concert?

Fred, you signed up knowing what would happen. You can't possibly be mad about it.

Did you have fun playing for people?

Did people see you play and have fun?

Will some of those people come and see you next time you have a show/gig/concert?

I didn't expect to win, I wanted to get our name out there so people would come to our shows, so I accomplished that

What pissed me off was the rigged judging. The band that got second should have gotten first, even though they did all covers. The lead guitarist is amazing. The fact that the band that sounded like ***, but was the school favorite, won is bogus as hell. That's what pissed me off the most. First place won a bunch of studio time, everyone else got cheap gift cards to bad music stores.

We got the judge's critique sheets back, and its bogus.

The cover songs that we did, they said we needed to make them our own (which we kinda did) but the band that got second just played straight up cover songs, with backing tracks for most of them.

That was the only thing we got marked down for, they said our stage presence was the best, we got good crowd interaction, and our mix was great.

4th place...

Archived