Gibson Brands Forums

NEED HELP!

guitarbanae

I'm looking for a particular model that is now discontinued. If I understood correctly, Epiphone LP-100s were discontinued (I believe in the 90s) and now a cheaper budget model has replaced it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The discontinued model had an extremely thin body and was very lightweight. Does anyone have one of the discontinued models they would be willing to part with..or know where I might look to find one?

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking for a particular model that is now discontinued. If I understood correctly, Epiphone LP-100s were discontinued (I believe in the 90s) and now a cheaper budget model has replaced it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? The discontinued model had an extremely thin body and was very lightweight. Does anyone have one of the discontinued models they would be willing to part with..or know where I might look to find one?

Thanks in advance!

Do you mean this one http://www.thomann.de/de/epiphone_lp_100_ch.htm ???

The LP-300 is discontinued. It was the same as the 100, but with a flame veneer top.

Maybe you are thinking of the LP Juniors. There was a thicker-bodied, set-neck P-90 version (I believe it was a limited run), but the typical LP Jr. is a thinner bodied, bolt neck with a humbucker.

I'm not talking about the cheap budget models that are still for sale. I guess it could possibly be the LP-300s. One of our students has one, I asked specifically which model it was and he said it was one of the lp-100 discontinued models. Here's the thing..I'm not sure the neck is bolted on. Nothing about the guitar feels cheap..it feels the same quality as a standard les paul only way way thinner.

The LP-300 is discontinued. It was the same as the 100, but with a flame veneer top.

Maybe you are thinking of the LP Juniors. There was a thicker-bodied, set-neck P-90 version (I believe it was a limited run), but the typical LP Jr. is a thinner bodied, bolt neck with a humbucker.

No cheaper budget model has replaced the LP-100. There are models for a smaller budget, like the Special, Special II, Special II GT, & LP Junior. But they didnt replace the LP-100. All of those I mentioned are thinner-bodied, non-carved top guitars. The LP-100 is a carved top, but I'm not sure of the thickness in relation to a set-neck LP standard and the like. AFAIK, the LP 100 & 300 were the same guitars with only slight differences in the appointments...mainly the flame veneer.

Maybe he would let you get a picture of it to show us?

He is actually quitting for the summer, so I'm not sure how many more lessons he has. But if he's there next week, I'll ask if he would mind me snapping a pic.

No cheaper budget model has replaced the LP-100. There are models for a smaller budget, like the Special, Special II, Special II GT, & LP Junior. But they didnt replace the LP-100. All of those I mentioned are thinner-bodied, non-carved top guitars. The LP-100 is a carved top, but I'm not sure of the thickness in relation to a set-neck LP standard and the like. AFAIK, the LP 100 & 300 were the same guitars with only slight differences in the appointments...mainly the flame veneer.

Maybe he would let you get a picture of it to show us?

Archived