Gibson Brands Forums

If anyone cares

Silenced Fred

(: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (:

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

I guess that's why. Guys don't like limits. Or... for wimmens it's all about the eyes. For us it's all about the smiles. We just lead different. If we were the same, we wouldn't have as much fun together.

Have a good summer Fuzzy. See you in the funny papers.

Ft. Collins for college?

College towns are interesting because they tend to be somewhat "unreal" compared to other communities. There's 11 miles between "my town" and a college town and culturally it's more like 500. There, the Ph.D is the measure of your existence. Here our school superintendent has his Ph.D, but prefers to be called "Steve" in meetings rather than "Dr. W..." I find that an interesting cultural artifact.

OTOH, a college town can offer some interesting opportunities for learning - which after all is the idea of "higher education." Still... Don't do as I did and do most or all of your music and "intellectual" learning outside the classroom curriculum.

Good luck on it all.

m

Ft. Collins for college?

College towns are interesting because they tend to be somewhat "unreal" compared to other communities. There's 11 miles between "my town" and a college town and culturally it's more like 500. There, the Ph.D is the measure of your existence. Here our school superintendent has his Ph.D, but prefers to be called "Steve" in meetings rather than "Dr. W..." I find that an interesting cultural artifact.

OTOH, a college town can offer some interesting opportunities for learning - which after all is the idea of "higher education." Still... Don't do as I did and do most or all of your music and "intellectual" learning outside the classroom curriculum.

Good luck on it all.

m

My parents have friends that live there, and they love it.d My parents visited and really enjoyed the location.

There are also a decent number of small venues and some cool music shops, so I don't think playing music would be too much of a problem out there if I can find some people.

Have a great summer Nathan.

Think of all the new ladies you can and will meet. For some reason, coming from somewhere else makes you even more interesting to locals from what I've seen. Especially at school.

Archived