Gibson Brands Forums

Ess 339

whoobla

Does anybody have any experience with their gtrs climatizing. Mine is a bit buzzy up on the 12th and higher. I at about 2.5 mm under the Big E string at the 12th fret(on the wood), about the same on the high E . I can't say I hear it with the gtr plugged in. Just asking. I suppose I'm expecting allot. Nothing dead or real flat. The dealer said give it a month

Gibson unfortunately, has been know for builting there guitars with "wet" necks. I heard about this with the L4 (s) and L5 (s) before. The neck is still in the process of drying out. In the short term, adjust the guitar's action (setup) and check a month from now.

I only wish Gibson would let PRS built there guitars!

JazzGtr

Mine is perfect. I just got it about 5 weeks ago and it was in the 90's here in Illinois. It was in the 40's last night and the guitar is hanging on the wall in my music room alongside the rest of the mules, and the windows are open, highs in the 70's/80's, humidity is 60% right now.

Rosewood is a touch dry, if anything, but I'll not treat if for a while. My oils and a dab of fingerease is all it's gonna get till I see how it breaks in.

If PRS had built it, he'd still have it.

No offense.

Murph.

well I'm at 45 - 47 % in my room, gtrs ,amps etc. the ess 339 is feeling like my gtr now. the action can go lower than i need if i choose . it's great. I love it. I will be in chicago for the wekend of the 10th, may look for a les paul. ps

i polished the 339 with ghs polish, the black bottle. works great. all around love this sexy machine.

w

Archived