Gibson Brands Forums

Robot LP with 11 flatwounds.

Thundergod

I use 11's on some guitars and most of them are flatwounds, I really love how they feel and wasn't sure about using them on the robot until I read a post in here by someone who did just that with great results.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Well I have to say, they gave me great results too! They sound and feel fantastic. Try it if you can guys, you'll probably like them too.

I use 11's on some guitars and most of them are flatwounds, I really love how they feel and wasn't sure about using them on the robot until I read a post in here by someone who did just that with great results.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Well I have to say, they gave me great results too! They sound and feel fantastic. Try it if you can guys, you'll probably like them too.

Did you have any tuning issues on the high E or B?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

That may have been me. I put them on a couple years ago and posted about 'em. Very jazzy and smooth as silk. Not for the Slip knot grind, but great for many styles of music. I used the Pyramid strings which were great.

ps, I use .11s on all my guitars, even strat style, except my acoustic and reso which I use .13s. Much sweeter tone. Glad you found some you like.

Archived