Gibson Brands Forums

Wireless Anyone?

G McBride

How many play wireless and what do you use or recommend.

I've got a Line 6 G30 and like it a lot (home use only). I talked to my Sweetwater rep about them before I bought it. He told me that his entire band uses it and loves it. I just got tired of tripping over wires.

One word of warning if you're using it "live" - the batteries don't fade, they DIE, rather abruptly.

There is talk of traditional wireless rigs becoming unusable in time

I started with a low end Samson which is great fun to use but suffers from 'cable' interference

Upgraded to a Line 6 G30 which is a revelation and hopefully future proof due to it's digital signal technology

It is amazing what a difference wireless makes, either in the home or on stage

Unbelievable how twisted and knotted cables become after a short time....

V

:-({|=

Thanks guys. I have a low end wireless and wanted to see if the rest of you would be recommending Line 6 or Shure or another brand. I am thinking that I am ready to step up to the next level of equipment. I agree that even at home, wireless can be great.

What about sound quality? Do you think you have good quality using the Line 6 compared to cables?

Thanks

Gill

My biggest question with wireless as with any form of electronic processing is there any latency problems with wireless? Have you ever been on the edge of your range threshold to notice that you strum a chord but it takes a split second before it starts ringing out?

I have an older AKG wireless system and it works well, and has never failed. You'll lose a little attack, but you'll get over it after about five minutes.

Good to know, I have been considering a wireless for a while but this always put me off of even testing it.

Good to know, I have been considering a wireless for a while but this always put me off of even testing it.

Wireless is a good thing if you play average to big size stages, and your band is very energetic.

Now I'm too old to be dancing around so it doesn't get used any more. And I just stay within a 5 foot radius of my amp switcher. [biggrin]

Wireless is a good thing if you play average to big size stages, and your band is very energetic.

Now I'm too old to be dancing around so it doesn't get used any more. And I just stay within a 5 foot radius of my amp switcher. [biggrin]

I am a very energetic player and I do the whole dance around, jump around, stage dive off my amp kinda deal, even when I am just jamming by myself and it usually leads to my patch cables getting pooched at the connector, plus I almost tripped myself yesterday on my patch cord going into my pedals.

Thanks guys. I have a low end wireless and wanted to see if the rest of you would be recommending Line 6 or Shure or another brand. I am thinking that I am ready to step up to the next level of equipment. I agree that even at home, wireless can be great.

What about sound quality? Do you think you have good quality using the Line 6 compared to cables?

Thanks

Gill

Yes I get a great clear sound....there is even a cable simulator to adjust the clarity back to cable standard if desired....

V

:-({|=

I tried a Nady wireless pack once... luckly I tried it out at band rehearsal because I would have had a total Spinal Tap moment at the gig so I returned it and continued with my 20 foot guitar cord going into my effects with a boost and a nois gate at the end of the chain and another 20 foot cord going to my amp.

Since then I've been turned off of wireless and most venues I'd play in are really not that big anyway. The only thing it would give me is the ability to walk around the bar while I played. Maybe if I was finding myself on bigger stages I'd reconsider.

Archived