Gibson Brands Forums

Fishman SA220

brannon67

Hi, I use two of these in an acoustic duo (2 vocals, 1 guitar). We're very satisfied with the sound. We recently used these at a club holding 50-100 people and an outdoor wedding with 250 guests and got a lot of compliments on our sound. They do not throw sound very far (50-100 feet seems reasonable) but they are very accurate. We have found that placing them behind us caused some high-pitched feedback but I think that was due to the tweeter being on the same plane as the microphones. We are going to experiment with raising them higher at our next gig.

Hope this helps,

HP

It works great for me and at half the price for a Bose its a steal.

You can find them for around 700 NIB. Hard to beat that AND the sound is fantastic and every bit as good as the L1...imo

It has a good feed back filter and a good reverb on board.

For the small venue duo its the one. O and built like a tank not so plastic feeling as the L1 jmho Bose sounds good but not 2x as good

PS Henry try changing the direction of the speaker aray so its off line with the mic pattern. .

In the past I have owned and used both the Fishman Solo and the Bose system........I no longer own either........no play out, no need amp. For the solo singer/songwriter the Fishman is hard to beat. The Bose was nice, but other than the "dial-a-number" presets there was no EQ and to my ear it did not have as lively a tone as the Solo and was much more to haul around and setup. Having used both, if I were to buy again it would be the Fishman.

As for the hi-freq feedback, try dialing down the tweeter (little control pot on the back).

Hi guys,

Thanks for the suggestions on the tweeter issue. I've tried both of those and was satisfied with the results. I'm still experimenting. The biggest thing for me is the starkly honest sound that comes out of them. It has opened my eyes to my sloppy technique!

Archived