Gibson Brands Forums

I am building a rack

kaleb

So me and my bassist ( hes in electronics, so he knows what hes doing ) are building a single space rack to sit on top of my combo. It'll have a Furman Power Conditioner, and a Peterson StroboRack rackmount tuner. I was wondering if anybody here has had any experience with racks and I also wanted opinions of the StroboRack and or all rackmount tuners in general and how to hook them up.

Errrr what type of info you looking for? Your question is a little vague.

- How to build a rack, literally?

- How to setup a rack?

- How to wire a rack?

- All of the above?

No, when I asked how to hook them up, I meant how to connect the StroboRack to my amp.

No, when I asked how to hook them up, I meant how to connect the StroboRack to my amp.

You would want the tuner to be the first in the signal chain.In other words as direct from the guitar as possible with the least amount of stomp boxes and rack effects as possible in between the guitar and the tuner.

You would want the tuner to be the first in the signal chain.In other words as direct from the guitar as possible with the least amount of stomp boxes and rack effects as possible in between the guitar and the tuner.

The only other pedal/effect in my chain is a standard Cry Baby wah. If I put the Cry Baby before the tuner, will the tuner not operate correctly? It is a GBC-95, so it is not true bypass. IF I get it modded for TB can I use it before the tuner? Just wonderin'.

Archived