Gibson Brands Forums

PU

brannon67

I use a Dean Markley soundhole pickup, and have no problems with it. Some had warned me against 'em, but I don't get it. Had too good of a deal to pass up: A GC sale, plus coupon got me the pup and a set of DM strings (my emergency set--I use D'Addarios) for, like, 29.95. I think it reporoduces the sound of my guitar quite accurately.

Another avenue you might want to explore, though, would be McIntyre pickups. I have a "button" model on my dobro, and it's a screamer. But they have them for standard acoustic guitars, too. Good thing is, they're really reasonably priced for as good as they are. Their "feather" model pickups are supposed to be topnotch.

I have a Yamaha soundhole pup in my Yamaha FG346 SB and it sounds just fabulous.I don't know the model number but I do know that it's a piezo transducer plus a single coil pup in the one unit and it only has a single panning control that balances between the piezo and the single coil.This pickup if still being made would be perfect for your Epi acoustic.

Archived