Gibson Brands Forums

Please Help! Any info you might have. LP Sea-Foam Green?

Jimm3r

gibson%20les%20paul%20studio-437281404782352862.jpg

It's a little bit lighter then this color. That picture up there is exactly it but it doesn't look that light of a color, it looks more green, and this one is a little too dark (could just be the lighting in the pictures? that ones obviously outside and the other in). I'll try to get a camera soon, but you guys get the idea.

She's a sweety! However I think I like the one with the cream colored appointments more. It looks more...Les Paul-ey to me, TOTALLY dig the color...you see that color on Fenders more so than Gibson/Epiphones with the exception of some Firebirds I've seen in that color.

I love the look of this Les Paul!! Awesome color!!

She's a sweety! However I think I like the one with the cream colored appointments more. It looks more...Les Paul-ey to me, TOTALLY dig the color...you see that color on Fenders more so than Gibson/Epiphones with the exception of some Firebirds I've seen in that color.

Thanks guys! Check this page, that's what it actually looks like. I dont think you've ever seen the color on many other guitars, its the turquoise not Sea-Foam. I love it!

• 2 years later...

First of all...

66555_1435210485277_1383390108_31082346_5717095_n.jpg

LOL. And secondly, I found this: http://webcache.goog...=www.google.com

Apparently there was a Turquoise color option available in the 1997 Epiphone catalogue.

I also have this guitar, i picked it up from a local pawnshop. I paid $125 and a used Jackson for it. I would like as much info on it as i could get please, thanks

Every Epiphone I've ever seen in that color was described as "Turquoise" (many with a TQ after the serial number). I believe "Sea Foam Green" is a designation used by Fender for a color which is similar but a bit more to the green side.

Every Epiphone I've ever seen in that color was described as "Turquoise" (many with a TQ after the serial number). I believe "Sea Foam Green" is a designation used by Fender for a color which is similar but a bit more to the green side.

Epiphone has used Seafoam Green (SG) on guitars in the past, mostly the 1990's S-Series Strat style guitars. It wasnt a very popular color for Epiphone.

Archived