Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody have one?

matiac

I've been researching the Epiphone Les Paul Pro F/X guitar, and like what I see so far. And having had a similarly equipped guitar in the past (1983 MIJ Fender Strat with the Floyd), have exposure to the Floyd Rose system. Does anyone here have one? How do you like it? It's competitively priced (actually undersells a few), and I'd like to get another guitar with a trem. Anyone?

As you can see on my signature, I have one- and I LOVE IT! Looks, playability - stays in tune, split coil tap- This for me is the closest guitar I will probably get the the Alex Lifeson Axcess!!! This has become one of my favorite guitars!! I have the Desert Burst (Tobacco Sunburst).

I have never Played one, but i have had several Floyd guitars. A good quality floyd unit should give you really stable tuning and have a nice smooth action with NO clunking or excessive movement on any of the components. Some of the cheaper version do not hold tune very well.

Here is a wee vid of Chappers trying out the Pro FX whammy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSaJ9-HaRSU

However! IMHO, a Paul just don't seem right with a Floyd. :-k

Well, I was thinking of a "best-of-both-worlds" scenario, fat Lester sound with dive-bombing capabilities, and you know it's weird, but at first, I too thought it didn't look right, but the look has kind of grown on me, and the video Neil posted of the guy beating the crap out of it sealed the deal for me. Not to mention a nice desert-burst flamed top...I dunno, I'm thinkin' some of that scar-money check just might be used...

As you can see on my signature, I have one- and I LOVE IT! Looks, playability - stays in tune, split coil tap- This for me is the closest guitar I will probably get the the Alex Lifeson Axcess!!! This has become one of my favorite guitars!! I have the Desert Burst (Tobacco Sunburst).

I'm glad you have a positive view on the Epi........I was only pointing out two reviews on here by others......

( Their main prob was they didn't like the PUs....)

If I could, I would get the Gibson Lifeson Les Paul......It is highly customized at the factory......

Archived