Gibson Brands Forums

EJ-200 BOOO

Pinchemadcow

Hello Mario,

Epiphone says about 2 weeks on your replacement barring any unforeseen delays. Thank you for the inquiry.

Regards,

Roger Ball

Gibson customer service

service@gibson.com

________________________________________________________________________________________

This is tha reply I got today.

• 2 weeks later...

That's great news!! [thumbup] I've not had much trouble with the Guitar vendors when you deal with them. Just curious however, did you say you spent $80 in UPS charges to get that to Nashville, TN? [woot] With buying & selling a bunch of guitars over the last few years, I don't think I've spent over $30 on FedEx Ground shipping from NJ to DM (that was the highest I paid with $3000 in insurance on a Ric 325). Must have been from one of those Mailbox UPS stores that hose a person.

Just for anyone reading, always shop for prices on frt.

HHH

Aster

ladies and gents guess what i got my replacement guitar not too good. the guitar does not sound as good as the first one. the glue is still visible under the saddle area and on some of the binding plus i have a buzz on the 12 th fret im starting to feel these aj-200 are crappier than i thought

ill try to resize these pics so you all can see but next time no more ej-200 for me

post-33741-085448300 1314203514_thumb.jpg

ladies and gents guess what i got my replacement guitar not too good. the guitar does not sound as good as the first one. the glue is still visible under the saddle area and on some of the binding plus i have a buzz on the 12 th fret im starting to feel these aj-200 are crappier than i thought

ill try to resize these pics so you all can see but next time no more ej-200 for me

Send it back! Check out Takamine Jumbo's, for lower priced jumbo's. OR...save more/longer,

and get a "real" (Gibson) J-200. But, seriously, A lot of what you're describing, is not just with "Epiphone,"

though. I've seen all of these problems, in much more expensive guitars, of all brands.

Some of it, is humidity (or lack thereof), some is "set-up," and some is plain carelessness,

in manufacturing. It's one reason, one should always play (prior to purchase) ANY acoustic

guitar. It's even more critical, to do that, with acoustic's, than electric's. I (personally)

rarely buy "mail-order," for that very reason. In the instances, I have purchased that way,

I've been lucky, overall! But, I have plenty of friends, who have had these same problems, with

their mail-order, or big box store purchases. Guitar Center is notorious, for lack of proper set-up,

among other nightmares. But, even that, depends on Which GC. Some are great, other's not so.

Keeping your guitar properly humidified is critical, too! Regardless of price, or brand!

Good Luck, at whatever you decide to do.

CB

" Posted 11 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

Finally Lola is back!!!!! Ill send some pics later. She sounds great!!"

I thought you got the guitar back on the 11th and it sounded great?

the buzz on the 12th fret could be something as simple as a needing a proper set-up, something many guitars need when new from the factory and periodically as they age...

Archived