Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone 50th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul

dalep

I did a search here and did not turn up much (well really anything). Do we know how think the maple top is under the veneer? The body is not chambered and I have been looking for an LP style guitar that is not weight relieved. I am assuming it is not weight relieved like my 05 standard was as well. Correct or not? The pickup and electronics look good as well.

I did a search here and did not turn up much (well really anything). Do we know how think the maple top is under the veneer? The body is not chambered and I have been looking for an LP style guitar that is not weight relieved. I am assuming it is not weight relieved like my 05 standard was as well. Correct or not? The pickup and electronics look good as well.

The 1960 is a maple veneer topped and like the 59 is NOT weight relieved

It comes with either a Fat D neck or C neck if you opt for the V3

The Pickups are Burstbucker 1 & 2 same as a Gibson Les Paul Standard

Switchcraft toggle & jack and other "Premium" improvements to do with the wiring etc

They truely are some of the BEST les pauls epiphone make...

The only way to get better is to mod one yourself, which can be expensive.

The 1960 is a maple veneer topped and like the 59 is NOT weight relieved

It comes with either a Fat D neck or C neck if you opt for the V3

The Pickups are Burstbucker 1 & 2 same as a Gibson Les Paul Standard

Switchcraft toggle & jack and other "Premium" improvements to do with the wiring etc

They truely are some of the BEST les pauls epiphone make...

The only way to get better is to mod one yourself, which can be expensive.

As the ad copy reads a carved maple top with a veneer on them I am assuming there is more there than the veneer. It would not be a deal breaker. I am really just curious.

"The body is made from solid (not chambered) mahogany for depth and resonance, and capped with a hard maple top for superb clarity, cut, and definition. To this, a premium Grade-AAA flame maple veneer is added to present the look of the most prized of vintage Les Paul's—further enhanced by a hand-buffed finish in three historical shades of 'burst." (http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Epiphone/50th-Anniversary-1960-Les-Paul-Standard/Features.aspx)

This is an old pic but I don't think much has changed. (I was sanding the body and got carried away)

If the veneer is added to make a flame top it is about 1/64" or so.

The maple cap is "I believe" just what you see.

Paulcut.jpg

Willy

Wow, you don't mess around when you get carried away! That's a lot of sanding!

This is an old pic but I don't think much has changed. (I was sanding the body and got carried away)

If the veneer is added to make a flame top it is about 1/64" or so.

The maple cap is "I believe" just what you see.

Paulcut.jpg

Willy

It looks like the cap is about 1/2" center tapered (carved to the edges) if I see it correctly. Cool. Thinker than I expected. A traditional Gibson is 3/4" center I think.

Archived