Gibson Brands Forums

A little Soul Vibe for Everyone

bluesguitar65

Cool comparison, man. They sounded really sweet when you added in your Fuzz Face and wah or whatever you had goin there towards the end.

Honestly, I thought the Dano sounded better. Those things are so cheesey but they sound pretty rad. The BBE has some pretty sweet lookin knobbies though, and I'm sure it's built about 10x better.

I think the Fulltone MDV-2 or whatever is suuper sweet sounding though. And I'm really not much a fan of Fulltone. Have you checked those out?

I've tried to watch the clip 6 times - both here and on the youtube site - but it always freezes at the 0.41 second mark...:blink: Anyone else have a problem?

I'll try again later on. Hopefully it's a temporary glitch in the system hereabouts?

P.

Cool comparison, man. They sounded really sweet when you added in your Fuzz Face and wah or whatever you had goin there towards the end.

Honestly, I thought the Dano sounded better. Those things are so cheesey but they sound pretty rad. The BBE has some pretty sweet lookin knobbies though, and I'm sure it's built about 10x better.

I think the Fulltone MDV-2 or whatever is suuper sweet sounding though. And I'm really not much a fan of Fulltone. Have you checked those out?

Thanks! Yes, I tried out the fulltone and it sounded really smooth, but I didn't think it sounded like the univibe and I couldn't justify the price to spend it on. I've tried some vintage Univibes, but many are in such bad contition and the photo cells that help make those sweet lushing sound were failing due to age. I'm looking for a vibe pedal that has that Hendrix Woodstock univibe tone. It doesn't what price, as long as its close to that Hendrix tone and I have not yet found that pedal.

I've tried to watch the clip 6 times - both here and on the youtube site - but it always freezes at the 0.41 second mark...:blink: Anyone else have a problem?

I'll try again later on. Hopefully it's a temporary glitch in the system hereabouts?

P.

hmmmmm.......not on my end. What browser are you using and have you done the latest updates on your computer, like Flash and Quicktime?

Hi again!

Everything worked fine this time! Occasionally we have a bit of a log-jam with our ISP...

Like Dub, I really favoured the Danelectro Chicken Salad. I've not felt the need for pedals for about 20 years but I've just bought a wee practice amp that, although sweet enough sounding, could do with a little Reverb-style help somehow. I was thinking along the lines of a digital reverb but the Dano might bring something more interesting to the party!

Thanks very much for the post; very thought provoking!

P.

Archived