Gibson Brands Forums

Hooray for Ebay!!

Wadhams!

This title may be a little misleading, I'm just absolutely excited to come home to my new...old stock custom 137 I just bought off ebay for $1,900. The seller says that it was made for a Gibson employee. I just like it because it has the color and tone wood that I've been looking for in a hollow body. The fact that it is completely different from your average 137 makes it pretty cool. This is also my first hollow body purchase! Wohooo!

Gibson ES137 Employee made NOS

Very nice indeed !!

The ES 137 seems to be catching more and more peoples' imagination

And the Kings of Leon connection will only raise the profile further

Do you have a spec on the P/U's by any chance?.....

V

:-({|=

Gorgeous flame. Versatile is right - I've seen a few posts on the 137 lately.

And the black binding is very cool on that finish.

Couldn't quite tell in the pics - are the fretboard inlays small blocks or small traps?

Congrats on a beautiful guitar. [thumbup]

Unfortunately he doesn't know what kind of pickups they are because he didn't want to take them out to confirm. The inlays are small traps with a "P" on the 12th. I'm still trying to figure out what the letter means in regards to this model considering that I have seen other early production models on Ebay with the same inlays... Nevertheless I am stoked to leave Iraq and come home to this. I've been searching, and I now have found!

Unfortunately he doesn't know what kind of pickups they are because he didn't want to take them out to confirm. The inlays are small traps with a "P" on the 12th. I'm still trying to figure out what the letter means in regards to this model considering that I have seen other early production models on Ebay with the same inlays... Nevertheless I am stoked to leave Iraq and come home to this. I've been searching, and I now have found!

The 'P' mean Premier. According to the serial number, the guitar was made in '02. Around that time, the Premier model of the ES-137 was, as I recall, the entry level 137 with paint colors that did not show the wood grain and had the black binding. It looks like someone took the basic Premier appointments & then used a higher grade of maple for this guitar.

The 'P' mean Premier. If I read the serial number correctly, the guitar was made in '02. Around that time, the Premier model of the ES-137 was, if I recall correctly, the entry level 137 with paint colors that did not show the wood grain and had the black binding. It looks like someone took the basic Premier appointments & then used a higher grade of maple for this guitar.

That I believe is exactly what was done, considering that it was made for a Gibson employee. I also like the lack of pick guard to highlight the F holes

I just took a moment to google Gibson ES 137 Premier, and lots of info pops up including photos. The fingerboard & binding on yours is consistent with this model - but the gold hardware, finish, and wood selection are considerably different. The pickups might also be different. The Premier came in two versions: one with P90s, the other with uncovered 490/498 humbuckers. Regardless of the particular details, that's a beautiful instrument!

I just took a moment to google Gibson ES 137 Premier, and lots of info pops up including photos. The fingerboard & binding on yours is consistent with this model - but the gold hardware, finish, and wood selection are considerably different. The pickups might also be different. The Premier came in two versions: one with P90s, the other with uncovered 490/498 humbuckers. Regardless of the particular details, that's a beautiful instrument!

That's why I couldn't resist! It is a truly unique version. When I get back to Texas I'll post some better photos. My only question I have is if the body's dimensions are the same as the 137 classic

Archived