Gibson Brands Forums

Rewiring Epi Sheraton

MLD88

I've been thinking about getting my Sheraton rewired as I want to upgrade the pots etc, and also the wires inside are very visable/messy. What I want to know is, if I get it rewired, is it possible for the luthier to hide the wires inside so that they are not visible when looking directly at the guitar, you can't see them?

Cheers :)

Yes, it can (and should) be done with a few wire ties.

Thanks for the quick response.

Ok that's good as it's really getting on my nerves! It must of been rewired at some stage as there just seems to be wires everywhere inside.

Cheers

It seems to be a good quality kit, only it seems tight on tolerances, I like my looms to have a little slack, especially for hollow/semi-hollow guitars, to work the pots in to place. It also costs 4 or 5 times as much as the parts used.

How easy would it be to fit? Would it just be a case of soldering the pick up wires to the pots etc?

Cheers

That's the easy part, you then have to feed all the components through the f-holes and try and fish them up into there correct mounting holes (that's why I mentioned the slack previously). Some of the holes will need enlarging also, going from the Metric Asian sizes to the US sizes. It can be a very frustrating, but ultimately rewarding job.

Cool, make sure to post some pics of your efforts and results. Here's Mojotone's video tutorial in case you haven't seen it already:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsHQKtU3zk8

Let us know if you need any advice along the way.

Thanks for posting the video - I haven't seen this one so this should help a lot.

I'll take some photos and post them once it's finished.

Cheers guy

Archived