Gibson Brands Forums

Any info on this "limited edition" Epiphone Junior?

mgridgaway

I've been searching for a good hour now, and I can't find anything other this Amazon listing page for a Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Junior in TV Yellow (which honestly doesn't look that yellow to me).

Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Junior Electric Guitar, TV Yellow

Does anyone have any information about this guitar at all? Wood type? Etc? Sort of interested but information is terribly sketchy.

It looks like one of the newer Indonesian bolt-neck Juniors. They have the same cheapo hardware and electronics as the other bolt-on Juniors but the body is solid, not laminated. We believe the wood to be some inexpensive variant of mahogany. I bought a red one last year and refurbed it, and several other members have done the same. Here are a couple of links:

http://forum.gibson....__1#entry762495

http://forum.gibson....__1#entry829973

PS, "TV Yellow" guitars aren't supposed to be bright yellow - they should have a light yellow wash with the grain showing through. The Amazon photos at least are very period correct. What arrives may not be as transparent as that...

Thanks for the reply... do you have any clue why it's only on Amazon? A one off maybe? Product details say it was released June 1, 2011, so it's definitely a new guitar. I'm surprised it has nickel too... usually chrome on cheaper guitars for some reason. Not that it'll make the hardware any better :P

Also, thanks for the clarification on TV yellow! You've been quite helpful :)

We had them in the store at Guitar Center. If memory serves, it was a special purchase for the Memorial Day Holiday event. Apparently GC bought enough of them for the stores, but does not list them on the website. I remember getting in that TV, a black and a brownburst version.

They were okay for a $99 guitar. The tuners were stiff as hell, but the neck/fretboards were finished nicely and they sounded pretty good through a variety of amps.

Jim

We had them in the store at Guitar Center. If memory serves, it was a special purchase for the Memorial Day Holiday event. Apparently GC bought enough of them for the stores, but does not list them on the website. I remember getting in that TV, a black and a brownburst version.

They were okay for a $99 guitar. The tuners were stiff as hell, but the neck/fretboards were finished nicely and they sounded pretty good through a variety of amps.

Jim

Thanks for clearing this up Jim! I really appreciate it. I was considering getting one and putting a P90 humbucker in it, probably some new hardware too depending on what it needs (sounds like tuners at the very least, almost certainly new nut).

What was the TV Yellow's color like in person?

Archived