Gibson Brands Forums

New, D'Addario Short Scale Nylon Tapewound Strings

MrNylon

I just received an e-mail from George Santos at D'addario Strings. They now have ETB92S, Nylon Tapewound Strings for Short Scale Basses. They aren't showing yet on their web site. George didn't mention what gauges they were. I would guess they are the same as the long scale ETB92 strings. .50 .65. .85 .105.

They haven't changed the D'Addario site yet. Mr. Santos, of D'Addario said they are on the market in some locations. He wasn't sure where they have been released at this time. I just checked The Sam Ash site. They may be adding some different D'Addario strings to the existing D'addario strings they carry.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

D'addario confirmed gauge sizes. The short scale D'Addario ETB92S Nylon Tapewound Strings are

.50 .65 .85 .105.

Guitar Center is stocking the ETB92S Nylons on-line for about $27. for the set.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I compared a new 2012 SG Std. with my SG Std.strung with the ETB92S Nylon strings. Both had a good bottom sound. For me, the Nylons played smoother on the neck. I don't know how the new Baked Maple effected any thing, on the new 2012 SG Std. So I tried them on the 2012 SG Std., and it followed me home.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived