Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Plus Top Pro F/X looks good to me

buliwyf

Iv'e been looking for an Epi LP, I cant afford a Gibby right now and I bumped into the Les Paul Plus Top Pro F/X.Im not the biggest fan of a Trem on a Les Paul but this one looks good plus I really like the coil tapping on both pickups and several PU options Pickup selections:

1) Neck humbucker

2) Bridge humbucker

3) Neck/Bridge humbucker

4) Neck single-coil

5) Bridge single-coil

6) Neck/Bridge single-coil

7) Neck humbucker/Bridge single-coil

8) Neck single-coil/Bridge humbucker

Has anyone played one or own one.I looked at Musicians friend and I thought $399.00 for the Desert Burst was a real good price considering it's the same price as a Epi LP standard plain top.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/epiphone-les-paul-plustop-pro-fx-electric-guitar

I´m not what you´d call a BIG tremolo bar fan, but it would be nice to have it for when you want it. I like that model too, and I think that for the same price of a LP Standard, you have the same nice features of that model plus the tremolo AND coil tapping, so is like getting two for one. Below is a youtube video of some guys trying out this model, specifically how it does it with the floyd (if it gets out of tune easily), and let me tell you that it made me like a little bit more this model. The only thing I don´t like of any Epi LP is nut width, I find it a little bit narrow at 1.68" (42 mm). For now I have a Peavey Raptor PLus and it measures 44 mm at the nut, and I like it better. But I´ve always wanted a LP guitar, so I guess that I´ll get used to it if I ever get one (I mean, if I finally decide to). If money were no object i would go with the LP Ultra III. But on to the subject of this thread: I like this guitar, seems to be a good choice, but as everybody says: go to a store and try it for yourself, if you like it and you got the money, then go for it (and please, if you do, post a NGD thread with plenty of pics and a review of how you like it!).

I´m not what you´d call a BIG tremolo bar fan, but it would be nice to have it for when you want it. I like that model too, and I think that for the same price of a LP Standard, you have the same nice features of that model plus the tremolo AND coil tapping, so is like getting two for one. Below is a youtube video of some guys trying out this model, specifically how it does it with the floyd (if it gets out of tune easily), and let me tell you that it made me like a little bit more this model. The only thing I don´t like of any Epi LP is nut width, I find it a little bit narrow at 1.68" (42 mm). For now I have a Peavey Raptor PLus and it measures 44 mm at the nut, and I like it better. But I´ve always wanted a LP guitar, so I guess that I´ll get used to it if I ever get one (I mean, if I finally decide to). If money were no object i would go with the LP Ultra III. But on to the subject of this thread: I like this guitar, seems to be a good choice, but as everybody says: go to a store and try it for yourself, if you like it and you got the money, then go for it (and please, if you do, post a NGD thread with plenty of pics and a review of how you like it!).

OK, where did it get the cherry finish? Watching that video, I was waiting for either a string to break or that famous mahogany neck to snap. That sure gives me a vote of confidance. Seriously, I thought that was amazing how it stayed in tune considering how he used that wammy bar. Thumps up on that model.

OK, where did it get the cherry finish? Watching that video, I was waiting for either a string to break or that famous mahogany neck to snap. That sure gives me a vote of confidance. Seriously, I thought that was amazing how it stayed in tune considering how he used that wammy bar. Thumps up on that model.

Checking out musician´s friend web page, that finish is Heritage Sunburst. Not sure if it looks exactly as the cherry sunburst, but it´s very close.

Yeah, I was just waiting for a string to break... Don´t know how much will she last with that kind of abuse, but looking at the other videos of that "whammy war" as they called them, other guitars didn´t make it well (dind´t break a string, but some got out of tune), so this epiphone looks like a nice guitar to have.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Epi LP FX but the #1 color I wanted the "Desert Burst" (that was available yesterday) but on back order today kind of makes me wonder what other color to go with.OK color isnt the most important thing but if your going to buy a guitar it should all come together to what you want.I dont want the heritage sunburst to me it seems every other Epi LP is that color so to stay at the $399.00 price point that leaves the Honey Burst.If it is a little darker than the pictuure it may be the way to go,I gotta say the $399.00 still seems like a killer price.

Archived