Gibson Brands Forums

New Masterbilts

brannon67

Ok guys, just traded in my Hummingbird Artist and AJ-200VE for two Masterbilts, AJ-500M and AJ-500R, so i have the best of both worlds now. I got both for $950 out the door ($650 with trade in). I already had cases (from the Hummingbird and AJ-200) so I am set. I am having Baggs Elements installed in both eventually, when I get the cash to do it.

The AJ-500R is natural satin finish, and the AJ-500M is sunburst.

Well, since they both are the same guitars, but one with rosewood and the other mahogany, I dont know. I guess I like them equally, because I got the rosewood and mahogany for the different tone. The rosewood is a little brighter, as the mahogany is a little more mellow, so I like both for those reasons.

Well, since they both are the same guitars, but one with rosewood and the other mahogany, I dont know. I guess I like them equally, because I got the rosewood and mahogany for the different tone. The rosewood is a little brighter, as the mahogany is a little more mellow, so I like both for those reasons.

If you could only have one which would it be?

I did trade in my Epi cases for a couple of Wolfpack soft/hard acoustic cases. Very happy with them so far. Lighter then regular cases, which I like, but great protection still. Traded another guitar for a DR500MCE yesterday(natural finish). I needed a cutaway in the family.

• 1 month later...

Archived